The Elmvale Business Impovement Area (BIA) is an association of business and property owners who work together to support growth and development in the Elmvale area. Established in 2012, the BIA works with its members, Springwater Council and other stakeholders to ensure that downtown Elmvale continues to be a dynamic area of great shopping, dining, professional services, cultural opportunities and architectural interest.
A volunteer Board of Management governs the BIA with membership approved by Springwater Council. Council also appoints a representative from Council to serve on the Board and act as a liaison between the BIA and the municipality.
Meetings and Minutes
Find details about the next open meeting and minutes on the Elmvale BIA website.
|What is a BIA?|
|A Business Improvement Area (BIA) allows local business people and commercial property owners and tenants to join together and, with the support of the municipality, to organize, finance, and carry out physical improvements and promote economic development in their district. Typical BIA activities include:
Learn more about BIAs in the BIA Handbook.
Elmvale Business Improvement Area (BIA) By-law Review
In 2022, it will be ten years since the Elmvale Business Improvement Area (BIA) Board was first established. As such, the BIA Board members and the Township have been working together to review and propose updates to the BIA By-law.
- By-law 2012-033 – A By-law to Designate and Establish the Elmvale Business Improvement Area and to Establish a Board of Management for the Elmvale Business Improvement Area
- Proposed Draft 2021 Business Improvement Area Constitution
The Township is now looking to engage the BIA membership on the proposed updates to the BIA By-law. On October 21, 2021 at 5:30pm a special virtual meeting of the BIA membership will be held to discuss the proposed updates to the By-law and provide the membership an opportunity provide feedback.
Virtual Meeting Details
Date & Time: October 21, 2021 at 5:30 PM
Location: Virtual via Zoom
Meeting ID: 827 6360 0569
BIA Membership Comments/Feedback
Written and oral submissions are encourage and all will be taken into consideration when finalizing the draft by-law for the Council of the Township of Springwater to consider.
- Mail: Township of Springwater - Clerks Department, 2231 Nursery Road, Minesing, ON L9X 1A8
- In Person: Administration Centre (2231 Nursery Road, Minesing, ON) - The office is open Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Or for after hours, submissions can be placed in the drop box located at the front door, next to the bench.
- Email: Clerks Department
- The BIA Membership will have an opportunity at the virtual BIA meeting on October 21, 2021 at 5:30 pm to provide verbal comments/feedback to the Township.