The Township of Springwater intends to purchase a portion of land currently owned by the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry (MNRF) located at 1132 Snow Valley Road. The property is also known as the "Hasty Tract".
About the project
We need land to build a new community hub in the municipality's south service area. Facilities under consideration include:
- The relocation of Fire Station 2 and a new fire training area
- A multi-purpose recreational complex, with arena/rink(s)
- A library and flexible space for meetings, storage, or other activities
- Land for Springwater's future needs
The first facility proposed is a fire station. The remainder of the proposed development will be phased to meet the needs of the community. See the conceptual site plan for details.
The land proposed for purchase by the Township is located on the east half of the property (approximately 40 to 50 acres).
This project is subject to a Class Environmental Assessment (EA) for MNRF Resource Stewardship and Facility Development Projects. As part of this process, the following studies were completed on the site:
- Environmental Impact Study
- Preliminary Stormwater Management Study
- Stage 1 and Stage 2 Archaeological Study
- Phase 1 and Phase 2 Environmental Site Assessment
- Traffic Impact Study (Executive Summary)
We held a Public Information Centre (PIC) on September 26, 2019 to share the EA results.
Public input on the project will be incorporated into the planning process. Comments received before October 11, 2019 will be taken into consideration.
For more information on the project, to submit comments, or to request further notice, please contact:
2284 Nursery Road
Midhurst, ON L9X 1N8
Tel: (705) 725-7534
Chief Administrative Officer
Township of Springwater
2231 Nursery Road
Minesing, ON L9X 1A8
Tel: (705) 728-4784
195 Country Court Blvd., Suite 300
Brampton, ON L6W 4P7
Tel: (905) 452-5172