The Township of Springwater's Official Plan sets out land use policies for growth and development in the municipality.
Official Plan development and review
The Planning Act requires every municipality to update its Official Plan at least once every five years. The process for our current review includes:
- Public visioning workshops in 2016, including a communications strategy
- Updated discussion paper and growth management strategy in 2018
- Meetings with staff and stakeholders, including a public open house
- Background reports to address a wide range of technical issues such as agriculture, transportation, natural heritage and the environment
- Preparation and adoption of new Official Plan policies, maps and schedules (summer 2019)
- Open house regarding the Official Plan Review (November 2019)
- Public meeting regarding the Official Plan Review (December 2019)
Applying for an Official Plan Amendment
If your plans for developing your property aren't consistent with the Official Plan, you will need to apply for an Official Plan Amendment. More information on this process is available through a consultation with planning staff.