The Township of Springwater's Traffic and Parking By-Law enforces parking regulations to improve road safety, allow emergency vehicle access and ensure traffic flow.
Pay a ticket
You can pay an infraction:
- In person by signing the voluntary payment option on the back of the ticket and paying by cash, cheque, credit or debit at the Township Administration Centre during operating hours.
- By mailing the signed ticket and payment to the Township Administration Centre. We only accept cheques payable to the Township of Springwater.
Disputing a ticket
You or your agent can dispute a ticket by discussing the infraction with By-law Enforcement. Please call the Township Administration Centre in advance to book an appointment and bring your offence notice with you.
View a full list of parking restrictions and fines in our Traffic and Parking By-Law.
No Parking and No Stopping zones
No Stopping signs are the most restrictive parking regulation. Once a vehicle has stopped moving, even if occupied, it is stopped. No Parking signs allow drivers to use these zones while actually engaged in loading or unloading goods or to pick up or drop off passengers. In both zones, vehicles should never be left unattended.
Parking on sidewalks
Sidewalks are built for pedestrians. Vehicles are not permitted to park and obstruct sidewalks at any time. Remember to keep the sidewalk clear when parking in a driveway.
To help snow removal, our Traffic and Parking By-Law prohibits parking on all municipal roads and parking lots between 2:00 a.m. to 7:00 a.m. from November 1 to March 31. Vehicles parked on our roads can be towed and ticketed.
Parking at schools
With your help, we can ensure that Springwater's school zones are safe for everyone. Park safely by:
- Following designated signage, including No Parking/No Stopping zones
- Not parking in fire routes
- Not double parking to pick up or drop off children