Each year, warm weather brings a higher demand on water systems—leading to decreased potable water reserves and low water pressure. In extreme cases, it puts the water system at risk and makes it difficult to fight a fire.
Between June 1 and September 15 each year, the following watering restrictions apply:
- Residents with odd number civic addresses may use outdoor water on odd number calendar days
- Residents with even number civic addresses may use outdoor water on even number calendar days
- Residents may only water lawns and gardens between the hours of 12 a.m. to 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. to 11:59 p.m. on their scheduled day
- Residents cannot use more than one tap for the purpose of watering a lawn or garden, or for washing their vehicle
According to our Watering By-law, the Township of Springwater can declare a temporary suspension on lawn and garden watering under drought conditions.
If you would like an exemption for a newly seeded, sodded or sprayed lawn, please contact the Public Works Department at 705-728-4784 x2075.
Offences and fines
- Watering lawn or garden, or washing vehicle during restricted times, $50
- Watering lawn or garden, or washing vehicle during restricted times, $150