Township of Springwater / April 8, 2020 – With the return of warmer weather, Springwater is experiencing an increase of off-road vehicle enthusiasts on our roadways.
In March, Springwater Council approved the use of off-road vehicles on municipal roadways with a few exceptions. The Township is reminding riders to follow the rules of the road and abide by all safety precautions when operating an off-road vehicle. The following rules apply:
- Users must abide by all Highway Traffic Act regulations;
- Drivers must be 16 years of age or older;
- All riders, including passengers, must wear a helmet;
- Any off-road vehicles using the roads must be plated and insured;
- Off-road vehicles are not permitted on municipal property, unless parked in a designated parking spot;
- Off-road vehicles are not permitted on closed trails or unopened road allowances;
- Be respectful of all users of the roads including pedestrians, cyclists and other vehicles;
- Dirt bikes are not permitted on Township of Springwater roadways or properties.
Additionally, all Central Ontario ATV (COATV) and Simcoe County Off-Road Riders Association (SCORRA) trails are currently closed due to COVID-19.
It is the responsibility of drivers and passengers to know and understand the rules and regulations.
To view the Off-Road Vehicle By-law and permitted roads in the Township of Springwater, please visit www.springwter.ca/ORV