The Ontario Clean Water Agency (OCWA) will be flushing watermains for the Township of Springwater on operated water systems in the Township. It is very important that residents REDUCE water use from 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. so that we may effectively complete maintenance on the water systems.
For areas being swabbed, we ask that residents stop using water during these hours. Thank you for your cooperation!
April 20 – April 24, 2020
- Phelpston Water System
- Anten Mills Water System
- Hillsdale Water System
April 27 – May 1, 2020
- Elmvale Water System
- Minesing Water System
- Del Trend Water System (this includes Carson Road, Glen Huron Drive, Paddy Dunn’s Circle, Anthony Crt., Deluca Crt., Kanata Crt., Channen Crt. and Wendat Trail)
May 4 – May 8, 2020
- Midhurst Water System
- SWABBING - Vespra Downs Water (May 4)
May 11 – May 15, 2020
- Snow Valley Highlands
- Snow Valley Lowlands
- Centre Vespra - Stonemanor
During or after this flushing period, you may experience discoloured water and/or low water pressure coming from your tap. If this happens, we suggest you try the following:
- Remove the tap aerators off your taps and flush all the house lines until the water runs clear.
- Flush out your hot water tanks. This is to remove the accumulated iron precipitate in the tank; this iron may also decrease the efficiency of your water tank.
Should your water continue to be discoloured, please contact the Ontario Clean Water Agency, Georgian Bay Hub at the number below. OCWA will continue to work on the flushing and swabbing programs to ensure consumer satisfaction.
Please contact the Ontario Clean Water Agency at 705-429-2525 or 1-866-775-7712.