The Government of Ontario has announced a three-step plan to gradually ease public health measures in an effort to blunt the spread of the Omicron variant. Each step of reopening will be separated by 21 days to allow public health trends to be monitored.
Effective January 31, 2022 at 12:01 a.m., the remaining public health measures will include but are not limited to:
- Limiting social gatherings to 10 people indoors and 25 people outdoors.
- Limiting the following indoor public settings to 50% capacity:
- Restaurants, bars and other food or drink establishments;
- Retailers, including grocery stores and pharmacies;
- Shopping malls;
- Non-spectator areas of sports and recreational fitness facilities, including gyms;
- Meeting and event spaces;
- Recreational amenities and amusement parks;
- Museums, galleries, aquariums, zoos and similar attractions;
- Casinos, bingo halls and other gaming establishments; and
- Religious services, rites, or ceremonies.
As a result of the revised Provincial framework, the following Springwater municipal services, facilities and amenities are affected:
- The Township Administration Centre and Minesing Fire Station 3 will reopen to the public, Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Appointments are strongly encouraged as an additional measure to help protect the health and safety of residents and staff.
- The Elmvale Community Arena will reopen with limited capacities, enhanced Proof of Vaccination using QR codes, and other requirements in place. Learn more at springwater.ca/Arena.
- Outdoor rinks are open with physical distancing measures in effect.
- The Elmvale, Midhurst and Minesing branches of the Springwater Public Library will remain open for curbside service only. Visit springwater.library.on.ca for details.
- Community halls remain unavailable for venue rental at this time.
In the absence of concerning trends in public health and health care indicators, Ontario will move to the next steps of reopening on February 21, 2022 and March 14, 2022. For more information, visit: covid-19.ontario.ca/public-health-measures.
For additional information on the status of COVID-19 in our area, visit the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit website at smdhu.org/COVID19.
For additional information on how the Township of Springwater is responding to the COVID-19 pandemic, visit springwater.ca/COVID19.