The Township of Springwater is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information you may provide when visiting our website. Our practices have been designed to ensure compliance with the privacy provisions of the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
This privacy statement applies to interactions with the Township of Springwater’s web services. It does not apply to any other website.
If you direct an online enquiry to a department through the Township’s website, we will ask you to provide your name and email address for the purpose of responding to your enquiry.
Encryption technology protects personal information during transmission. A security icon will be displayed in your browser window. When personal information is requested, you will generally see a notice outlining our legal authority to collect it and include the following information:
- the purpose for collecting the personal information;
- how it will be used and who will have access to it;
- who to contact if you have any questions about these practices.
The Township of Springwater logs HTTP requests to the eSolutions web server. These logs record the IP address of site visitors. An IP address is the number automatically assigned to the computer or to the ISP (Internet Service Provider) requesting a URL. The Township cannot identify you from this information. We do not link information with the identity of individuals visiting our sites unless an attempt to damage our site has been detected.
- Single-session cookies, which log users over a single session and do not maintain data over multiple sessions or visits,
- Multi-session cookies for use in web analytics, which log users over multiple sessions purely to gather data to analyze web traffic statistics, and
- Multi-session cookies for use as persistent identifiers (persistent cookies), which log users activities over multiple visits with the intent of remembering data, settings, or preferences unique to that visitor.
The Township's website uses persistent cookies to improve users’ experience by remembering settings related to functionality. Other multi-session and single-session cookies are used in combination with the website’s analytics software for website improvements.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. All web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer.
By declining cookies, use of interactive features or online services that depend on cookies will not function as intended. If you choose to accept cookies, all browsers offer the ability to later delete cookies that you have accepted. If you choose to delete cookies, any settings and preferences controlled by those cookies will be deleted and may need to be automatically recreated upon a return visit.