The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act legislates freedom of information requests and provides access to records held by the Township of Springwater. Before filing a request, check these sources for the material you're looking for:
- Past Council agendas, minutes and reports (searchable database)
- Municipal website (using the search function)
- Contact the municipal department that the information relates to
Freedom of information process
The first step to making a request is understanding the records that you would like access to. Include clear details and be as specific as possible about the information you would like to get on the request form.
How to apply
- Apply online by completing the access request form and paying the $5 application fee.
- Apply in person by submitting an access request form with the $5 application fee at the Township Administration Centre. We accept cash, debit, credit or cheques payable to the Township of Springwater.
- Apply by mailing a request form, including payment by cheque of the $5 application fee, to the Township Administration Centre (2231 Nursery Road, Minesing, ON L9X 1A8)
We typically process requests within 30 days. We will contact you if clarification regarding your request is necessary. If you need help filing a request, please contact us at 705-728-4784 x2310.