The Elmvale Arena will reopen for the season on October 5, 2020. Strict guidelines and procedures will be in place for the protection of all users and staff.
As the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak continues to evolve, health and safety is our number one priority. Proactive measures to prepare for and respond to COVID-19 in our community have been identified.
In order to ensure a safe return to facility utilization the following protocols have been adopted for ice user groups, participants and spectators. These protocols, along with the directives outlined in the Framework for Reopening our Province during Stage 3, must be adhered to. If these protocols are not followed, user groups are at risk of losing ice booking privileges. Cooperation is required from everyone to en
Adult/Senior Public Skating - pre-registration is required
Important information you should know about participating in Adult/Senior Skating:
Click here to register for Adult/Senior public skating time slot(s).
COVID-19 conditions of use
- All participants and user groups will be required to complete the Acknowledgment, Assumption of Risk and Release Waiver before their first ice booking.
- All patrons and users will be required to complete a COVID-19 Pre-Screening Form upon each visit to the Elmvale Arena. The pre-screening must be completed every time a participate, parent/guardian, or spectator wants to enter the facility for their permitted ice time slot. Failure to do so will result in refusal of entry to the building. If participants/patrons answer yes to any of the questions, they will be refused entry.
- All patrons must sanitize their hands at the provided station upon entry.
- There will be no access to the arena for spectators. One parent/guardian may assist participants under the age of 18 with equipment and tying skates, but must vacate the facility thereafter.
- Coaches and/or trainers are responsible for getting their participants organized at the door and ensuring that all pre-screening has been completed and submitted for the day. The arena greeter will confirm this with the team designate before allowing entry to the facility.
- Change rooms will be available for a maximum of 15 minutes prior to and following your ice time slot. All participants must come as fully dressed as safely possible, no extra time will be permitted. Skaters will be allowed to enter 15 minutes prior to their rental time.
- Washroom facilities will be available in the lobby for urgent needs only. When on the ice, participants requiring urgent use of the facilities will have access to a designated change room.
- A maximum of 20 participants, plus coaches/trainers (max. 3) will be allowed on the ice at one time, this number is subject to change.
- Participants must bring their own water bottle, already filled.
- Physical distancing of 2 metres (6 feet) must be maintained at all times, including in the change rooms.
- Masks or face coverings must be worn by everyone entering the facility and may only be removed by participants for on-ice activities.
- Bench staff must wear a mask/face covering.
- Everyone entering the facility must follow all markings and signs posted within. These include directional signage, no stopping zones, dedicated areas for viewing and separate entrances and exits. A flow map has been included within the rental agreement package.
- There will be no access to the arena for the general public.
- Sport organizations will be following their own provincial sport 'return to play' protocols, in addition to the municipal protocol.
- All ice user groups must complete and submit a plan to return to ice and reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 amongst their organization/group. This plan is to also be shared with all participants in addition to the Township's Conditions of Use.
Elmvale Community Arena, located at 14 George Street, has an extended ice season from September to April. The arena features:
- A 180' x 88' ice surface
- Seating capacity for 800 people
- Seven dressing rooms
- Rental of the multipurpose “Springwater Room”
Businesses can advertise at the arena on a first come, first served basis. For more information, contact our Recreation Department by email or at 705-728-4784 x2100.
Please contact the Recreation department at email@example.com or 705 728 4784 x2078 for more information and all booking requirements and availability for the 2020-2021 season.