As of September 22, 2021, all spectators 12 years of age and older will be required to show proof of vaccination and valid ID prior to entering indoor sports and recreation facilities. Participants actively engaged in an approved sport between the ages of 12 and 18 will be allowed to enter without showing proof of vaccination, but only for the purpose of actively participating in an organized sport.
|Return to Play and COVID-19 Protocols|
The following rules and restrictions apply to any person involved in the participation of an activity at the Elmvale Community Arena during the COVID-19 Pandemic:
1. All individuals must provide their contact information and be actively screened prior to entering the facility. COVID-19 Health Pre-Screenings Online Screening Form
2. Renters and User Groups are responsible for providing the facility with a Master List of participant contact information prior to their rental. Organizations, Trainers and Renters are also required to submit a Safety Plan.
3. All participants must sign in at the designated entrance. Upon entry, they will be directed where to go by the staff member present.
4. Changerooms are open but participants must adhere to physical distancing. Limited capacities are posted for each room. Showers remain closed.
5. Participants may enter 20 minutes prior to their rental time.
6. Two spectators per participant are permitted within the facility; all spectators 12 years of age and older are required to provide proof of full vaccination status and ID.
7. The arena lobby and entrance foyer are classified as Hallways in Motion. No stopping, spectating or congregating in these zones.
8. Physical distancing of two metres must be maintained at all times, with the exception of when participants are actively engaged in their sport.
9. Masks or face coverings must be worn by everyone entering the facility and may only be removed by participants playing their sport and for seated individuals to eat or drink.
10. Upon entering the facility, everyone must sanitize their hands and don a mask.
11. Everyone entering the facility must follow all markings and signs posted within.
Proof of Vaccination
As of September 22, 2021, the Ontario government will require patrons 12 years of age and older to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination status along valid ID to access certain businesses and organizations with limited exemptions. The Proof of Vaccination Guidance for Businesses and Organizations under the Reopening Ontario Act provides information for businesses and organizations implementing this requirement. The Province of Ontario’s FAQ provides more information on using your vaccination receipt.
Starting September 22, the Township of Springwater will require proof of vaccination for:
An individual is considered fully vaccinated if they have received:
The following individuals are exempt from providing proof of vaccination:
Elmvale Community Arena, located at 14 George Street, has an extended ice season from September to April. The arena features:
- A 180' x 88' ice surface
- Seating capacity for 800 people
- Seven dressing rooms
- Rental of the multipurpose “Springwater Room”
Businesses can advertise at the arena on a first come, first served basis. For more information, contact our Recreation Department by email or at 705-728-4784 x2100.
Please contact the Recreation department at email@example.com or 705 728 4784 x2078 for more information and all booking requirements and availability for the 2021-2022 season.
The Township of Springwater has a Rzone Policy that sets expectations for behaviour at our facilities and sports fields and in our parks and programs. The "R" in Rzone stands for respect and responsibility:
- Respect for yourself and others
- Responsibility for your actions